Saturday 24 August 2013

I COULD BE THE ONE TO SET YOU FREE

 
I always thought I'd get a Second Year Visa for Australia. Not that I put much thought in to it, I just assumed it would happen. To get a Second Year Visa you have to do 3 months of Regional Work. This work includes fruit picking or packing, farm work, mining or construction. To complete the 3 months work, I'd say you'd need 4 or even 5 months, as the work isn't always guaranteed and you may have a few weeks between jobs.
 
Once I'd arrived in Perth, and found out I was jobless, I searched high and low for jobs. As its winter here in Australia, it's not the best time of year for this work, so I found that where ever I called was full.
 
With no jobs coming through and my time running out, I decided to call my parents for advise. Although my parents don't mind giving me a helping hand, I don't usually bother my parents with my worries. I don't want them to worry about me whilst I'm on the other side of the world.
 
Sometimes, I think, when we have our mind set on something, it's hard for us to see other opportunities and paths we can take. During my call home, my mum reminded me that there are other countries to visit and visas to enter Australia. My mum reminded me that I can change my ideas and that things don't always go to plan, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing
 
Believe it or not, I am back in Coober Pedy. Despite having some bad luck here previously, I am determined to have the most amazing last 3 months here. I will be making the most of my time with my amazing friends here because I don't know if or when I will see them again, which is a horrible thought. I am at my old job selling opals and living in something that can only be described as a cave.
 
I now have no idea what will happen next year, which is both scary and exciting!
 
"Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together."

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emma... :( Poor thing. I firmly believe (or at least I always try my best when things get rough) that everything happens for a reason. Sending lots of hugs. It's a good thing you've shared the worries with the family - the hardest thing is to stand alone. Just relax for a moment and start fresh planning. You've already achieved so much - going to Australia, being on your own - you should be proud! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw such a lovely comment! Thank you so much :) all is good here now! I hope you're well lovely! x

      Delete